Beginning in September, the Kitchen Elves will post a Theme for Each month. Several months, the Kitchen Elves will ask for an idea or request a contribution from the congregation members. To keep consistency, the Elves have decided to designate the second Sunday of each month as Greet and Eat Sunday. Mark your calendars.
. Starting in:
• September – Super Salad Sunday, A variety of Salads. Bread and dessert
• October – Chili Cook Off, Congregation members are asked to submit their favorite chili to be voted on. A prize will be given.
• November – Soup Sunday, Congregation members are asked to bring their favorite soup, vegan, vegetarian or animal based. Bread and dessert served.
• December – Glazed Ham and sweet potatoes. Bread and dessert.
• January 2023, New Year/ Foot ball. Congregation members bring their favorite casserole and share. Bread and dessert.
• February – Sweetheart Month. Cherry Pie, Cherry Pie, Congregation brings a covered dish, Bread and dessert provided.
• March – Luck of the Irish, Corn beef and cabbage. Vegan/ vegetarian dishes provided too, Bread and dessert.
• April – Vegan/ Vegetarian Celebration. Congregation is asked to bring their favorite dish. Bread and dessert.
• May – Cinco de Mayo. Mexican Fiesta.
There is no charge for lunch, otherwise a donation of $5,00 a person or $10.00 a family is requested. Cooks and guests eat Free. If you need some ideas or inspiration, Katie Wheeler is compiling a take home cookbook, provided at each Service with recipe ideas for each Sunday the congregation is asked to submit.
The Thanksgiving Dinner and Christmas Dinner will be pot luck with Louise furnishing the turkeys and ham. No Donation required, just an appetite and the wish to be with friends and family.
Posted by Louise Garrett