The Mission of the Religious Education Program
The mission of the Religious Education Program at UUFSD is to provide:
- A community where children feel love, acceptance and belonging;
- A religious and moral foundation for honoring life’s joys and tragedies;
- A knowledge of Unitarian Universalism and exploration of other religions;
- A recognition of our social responsibility to the greater world community and our planet;
- Opportunities and resources for personal and spiritual growth.
Children’s Version of the Unitarian Universalist Principles
The following is a special version of the UU principles adapted for children.
- Every person is important;
- All people should be treated fairly;
- Our churches are places where all people are accepted and where we keep on learning together;
- Each person must be free to search for what is true and right;
- People should have a vote about the things that concern them;
- We should work for a peaceful, fair and free world;
- We must care for our planet Earth.