Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito
Reports to: Minister
Effective: As soon as available
Status: Part time (15 hours per week)
Rate of Pay: $20/hour
The Membership Coordinator works with the Membership Committee to welcome visitors and newcomers each Sunday and to help them navigate the path to membership and deeper engagement within the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito (UUSFD). The Membership Coordinator is well organized, self-motivated, and highly efficient in developing and executing programs with the Minister, Administrator, Board, and others to welcome visitors and encourage members to volunteer appropriately. The Membership Coordinator is an independent worker who reports to the Minister and works in tandem with the Membership Committee on some activities and independently on others. They are enthusiastic about meeting people and helping them to find places in our congregation and is also passionate about involving congregants in activities that nurture their spirit.
UUSFD is a welcoming congregation, open to all persons regardless of race, gender, religion or affectional orientation. The successful candidate will be diplomatic, enthusiastic about the Seven Principles of Unitarian Universalism, and skilled at motivating others.
Under direction from the Minister, the essential responsibilities of the Membership Coordinator include:
1. Oversees the pathway by which visitors become members, including:
o Coordinates volunteers who welcome visitors and new members each Sunday morning
o Provides key point of contact for visitor follow-ups
o Coordinates monthly “New to UU” gatherings for visitors wanting to know more about Unitarian Universalism and membership
o Coordinate new member orientation meetings three times a year
o Coordinates new member mixer twice a year
2. Maintains an accurate database with information on the interests of visitors and members in order to enhance volunteer engagement and leadership development
3. Contributes to member communication including Facebook postings, emails and monthly newsletter
4. Helps recruit, train, and support volunteers for the above activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience with Unitarian Universalism preferred
• Professional (paid) work experience at the volunteer coordinator level preferred; college or volunteer experience may be adequate.
• Demonstrated track record of relevant achievement in a complex organizational environment
• Leadership experience with membership organizations and/or community outreach (paid or volunteer) strongly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team based work environment
• Passion for meeting goals, collecting and organizing data, and motivating others
• Demonstrated ability for follow-through and completion of tasks and initiatives
• Ability to be flexible and resilient to changing circumstances
• Strong computer and social media skills
PAY, BENEFITS, AND HOURS
This is a part-time (15 hours per week) non-exempt, hourly ($20/hr) paid position that reports to the Minister. The position is grant funded for one year, with the potential to be extended.
Work hours include Sunday mornings with one Sunday off each quarter, weekly meetings with minister arranged by mutual agreement and time necessary to coordinate duties. Attendance to monthly Staff meetings may also be required. Free childcare is available on Sunday mornings.