Event set-up/site caretaker (part-time) needed now, ideal for student!
The Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito (UUFSD) is looking for a part-time Site Caretaker, starting as soon as possible and available for the next couple months. The position could be extended past the summer, depending on availability of candidate, but is ideal for a student who’s available at least now through the end of July.
The successful candidate must have the ability to lift 40 pounds. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience in event setup and breakdown. Candidates must be available to work Sunday mornings and some weekday or weekend evenings and have a flexible schedule to accommodate facility rentals. Candidates must be: comfortable working both outdoors/indoors, prompt, reliable, communicate well, follow instructions effectively and pass a background check.
This position pays $11-12 per hour. The weekly number of hours will vary, but typically range between 10 and 15.
If interested, please forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about UUFSD, please visit http://uufsd.org/.
Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of San Dieguito
Site Caretaker – Job Description
- Provide set-up/breakdown and general support for Sunday worship services and other events held throughout the week at the Fellowship.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must be comfortable working outdoors and walking in sand, grass, dirt, and up and down small hills and stairs
- Ability to communicate effectively, follow instructions, and respond promptly (prefer applicant have a mobile phone with text, and access to email)
- Ability to work Sunday mornings in addition to a flexible schedule to accommodate facility rentals
- Reports directly to the Minister
- Assists all UUFSD staff with worship service and other events – as needed
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to)
- Open and prepare the Fellowship building and/or Amphitheater for Sunday worship and other events in accordance with the Staff Weekly Checklist, including setup and take down of tables and/or chairs for Fellowship events as requested
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare the Sanctuary for Sunday services
- Restock bathrooms and empty trash
- Removal of trash and recyclables to upper parking lot bins
- Open, prepare and close the Fellowship building for rentals
- Examples of rentals can include weddings; memorials; funerals; concerts; meetings and district-wide events
- Provide needed services related to rentals such as but not limited to parking signs, setting up tables and chair, Sanctuary set-up, etc.
- General cleanup following rental use to prepare the Fellowship building for Sundays
- Notify Administrator of needed supplies
- Interact professionally and respectfully with other staff members, Fellowship community, volunteers, and guests
- In consultation with the Administrator, establish and maintain a regular work schedule
- Complete bi-weekly time sheets
- Fills out the monthly signup sheet distributed by the Administrator
- Perform other responsibilities as directed within limits of the position
- Employed for approximately 5-10 hours on needed Sundays, with additional evenings, weekends, and other days as needed for other events.